Optimus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birth of a Podcast

+3
Ares
Rooster
Morgue
7 posters

Go down

Birth of a Podcast Empty Birth of a Podcast

Post by Morgue Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:59 pm

Ok maybe not as excieting as a birth of a solar system, but it's a start right?

Anyways, more to the point. I have the green light in my mind to get it started and finished before the week is out, including a bit of testing, information gathering, and of course rehearsal. BUT, i've run across a bit of a speed bump... I need a name. Now being that i'm paying for the site and all of it's lovely features i'm more than inclined to name it anything I choose, but this won't be only for me; it's for everyone that loves to listen to podcasts and wants information. I have a few, and it may be just me but they might sound a bit egotistical, so i'm throwing them out there (even the ones that I know aren't the best):

FlatLine Reviews
The Morgue
Prophecy Podcasting
Stellar Stellervox
Prophecy Station

Those are what I've come up with at the moment. Your thoughts and ideas are more than welcome. I appreciate it everyone, i'm very excieted, and most of all anxious to get this off the ground. Once i've decided on the name, i'll make an announcement.

Thanks again

-Morgue

Last edited by Morgue on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Black Prophecy Faction : Genides

Back to top Go down

Birth of a Podcast Empty Re: Birth of a Podcast

Post by Rooster Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:16 pm

I vote for Stellarvox Radio.
Rooster
Rooster
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ares Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:22 pm

Paying for the site, eh? We might be able to cut costs and host the casts here, but probably not since I have no access to the database (But I can create custom HTML pages)

Or we could throw them up on iTunes.

I also like Stellarvox Radio.
Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

http://www.optimusclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:57 pm

I agree, Stellarvox Radio sounds nice. Stellarvox Jukebox? Good luck podcasting Very Happy
Jester
Jester
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenton Karvash Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:05 am

Well not to sound snide, but I believe it needs to be original, going by morgue not wanting it to seem egotistical on his part,

FlatLine Reviews or FlatLine Productions which I would find better suited to the URL title, which wouldn't limit you as to your projects
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Backslap Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:30 am

Original is the way to i agree with Zenton
Backslap
Backslap
Optimus Member

http://www.pubben.biz/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariadne Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:04 am

It should have something in its name referring to Black Prophecy so people can find it Razz no?

The last two sounded nice on your list.
Ariadne
Ariadne
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Alright well since we're starting to put everything together we'll go with Stellarvox Radio.

Since that's out of the way i'd like to ask everyone, if anyone, would be interested in becoming part of the crew to keep not only the site, but the podcast up to date and all that fun stuff. This might be a great guild project to keep everyone together and active on these forums and the podcast site. Now Rooster and I were also talking about having a radio DJing section, which isn't the main focus at this moment in time, but if the site picks up enough traffic it WILL be set up. So that's also something to look forward to. Since we're pretty much limited on software I can say for a fact that Rooster and I will NOT be doing live feeds, or video feeds at the moment; but again depending on how popular it becomes we might change that. For now the site name is under the veil until the site is completely finished and Rooster and I get a chance to do our first segment.

Anyways, anyone is welcome to PM Rooster, Zenton, or I about certain positions we might need in the future. Nothing is set in stone yet, so we'll still need a bit of time to get everything 100% up and running. If all goes well you can expect our first segment sometime next month. More info as it comes along.
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down