Optimus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As a community

+2
Dawnmission
Morgue
6 posters

Go down

As a community Empty As a community

Post by Morgue Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:07 pm

Things have steadily been getting dry here on the forums. As an officer of Optimus it's my duty to make sure our community is happy, productive, and most of all busy.

What would 'you' as the community suggest to make things more active on the forums? What would you like to see happen? Do any changes need to be made?

These are all questions I'd like to know so that my fellow officers and I can provide you with the best clan / guild we can. Suggestions can be posted here or sent to any officer's private message mailbox.

Thank you

-Morgue
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Black Prophecy Faction : Genides

Back to top Go down

As a community Empty Re: As a community

Post by Dawnmission Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Ah, well, the very simple answer is to have a game to play together.

Of course building a community around a game that isn't out yet always leads to some sort of stalemate on activity. It's very important to recognize that when the game comes out, those who have been quiet or occupied elsewhere will very likely show back up. It's a bit of toying with your brain.. looking forward to something and checking it everyday with no results (see BP boards/news) leads to the lack of interest for awhile. I completely understand the concern with regards to activity, but I believe people will be returning once the game has reached open beta or releases.

As a side note, I am under the impression that BP will be delayed just due to some of the information I've retrieved from the developers. How long? Who knows. In the meantime I think it is beneficial for people to follow at their own pace. Basically, so long as we know we're still going to be a team when the game becomes available, we'll be here to blow some shit up. Even if they delay BP until next year sometime (I hope not I'm so ready to play a space shooter MMO) we'll still have TOR come early 2011. This happens to virtually every game though - delays, scope-creep, financial issues... so don't be discouraged by participation. When the time comes, lots of the quiet types will come with it.

Just try not to get burnt out on a game that isn't even out yet by waiting for it Razz
Dawnmission
Dawnmission
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Backslap Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:47 am

Im still here and im not leavin.

Its hard to find a game that we all play, thats nearly impossible.
So one sulution would be that Optimus tells us this is it download this game and start to play, make a vote on some games and the two biggest games is what we will play for the time beeing.

There are some free to play MMos out there that u need 6ppl and and up to lvl to 100 one of these beeing Sun Online, its a avrage good game and its just one of manny examples out there.
Backslap
Backslap
Optimus Member

http://www.pubben.biz/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Techman Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm

Yeah i thought about RoM once is a good f2p game if anybody wants to check it out i have played it and its a good game.

A little info about clan/guild stuff in RoM

We get our own fortress to defend as a team

We have to defend and attack other clan/guilds

and alot more check it out

Thanks

Techman

Techman
Techman
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ares Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:09 pm

I'll try both those games out.

Another game to consider is Outer Empires. You might have heard me talking about it. The game's PvP is rather boring and is your basic point and click, but the game has huge depth. I've been playing it on and off for over a year now and own a major trade hub/mission hub with good income. (It's a system with 5 space stations, 1 space station is hard enough to buy by yourself much less defend it) I'd be willing to setup our clan in the game share the hub if anyone is interested.

outer-empires.com

It's F2P and P2P ($4/month). P2P gets you a second character under a different name, inf colonies (F2P only gets you 1), as well as double exp/credits for missions. They also have an item shop.

Talk to me in-game as Soul Seizer.
Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

http://www.optimusclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ares Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:06 pm

I should also note that the game works best on Chrome. Using any other browser you will get frame skipping, lag, and unaligned images.
Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

http://www.optimusclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulSlayer Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:05 am

only pc game i play on pc besides (soon to be) bp is dekaron 2moons .. Best f2p mmorpg i comed accross so far ^^

http://dekaron.gamehi.com/
SoulSlayer
SoulSlayer
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Techman Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Ah so that's what they renamed 2moons too
Techman
Techman
Optimus Member