Optimus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game content at launch

4 posters

Go down

Game content at launch Empty Game content at launch

Post by mujina Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:09 pm

If im honest I don't think this game will be amazing at launch, don't get me wrong its going to be fun but I think the best features will come in the future say half a year after it has been released. They have already hinted that fighter class ships wont be the only type of ship and so I have very high hopes for gigantic clan battleships somewhere down the line. They have also said at launch clans will not be able to attack other clan stations and only special clan v clan battles will be available - i assume this will be over resource points but again they have said they want to add attackable clan stations in the future. The only two things which worry me about this game is 1 - lack of open pvp, I saw on an interview that most of the world is going to be instanced apart from the main space ports which im worrying about because its wont feel like an mmorpg. and 2 - lack of things to do outside fighting. This is going to be an mmorpg after all and if all there is to do is kill people may tire of the game quite quickly - they said there are going to be trade skills however without an auction house and nowhere people can actually gather in one place to sell things I cant see it being very complex.

meh rant over, any other opinions on this at all?
mujina
mujina
Social Forum Member

Black Prophecy Faction : Genides

Back to top Go down

Game content at launch Empty Re: Game content at launch

Post by Ares Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:13 pm

1. I'm also nervous about the game's instancing. Though I've never played a game with instancing before, I can see how people don't like it. I think, though, if you have a large amount of "events" in a game then instancing won't be a problem.

As for open PvP, I'm 99% sure that BP will support this. They are centering the game around combat, and if pirates can't attack unarmed players in an ambush, where's the combat in that?

2. I think there will be plenty of things to do. I'll try and name some:

Looking for and setting up research stations
Attacking and capturing research stations
Building a clan station
Defending a clan station
Exploring the unknown
Building the best combat ship
Building a clan capital ship
Researching and improving ship parts
Becoming a major manufacturer in the game
Participating in boss battles with other players or yourself

We will have to wait and see. Smile
Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

http://www.optimusclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Enoch Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:53 pm

I think they really only plan to use instances for missions and whatnot.

Perhaps instances will be generated for clan battles as well. Kind of a "battlefield" type scenario like you'd see in WoW.

Just gotta be patient
Enoch
Enoch
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellegos Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:06 pm

Instancing was actually only mentioned for quick-mission group ups if the player did not want to "look" for PvP. They have also stated they're will be open PvP, and looking at it, there will only be one server, possibly two for the EU guys. Instancing can be great if done properly, and from the videos, interviews, and other articles I have read - they are doing it right.

And I do believe actually Clan PvP will be open ended. They mentioned clans only being able to attack each other through "windows of opportunity". This could both imply open clan PvP, or instanced. I would rather prefer it open.

And as far as things I want to do, I am a PvP fanatic. I usually play MMO's basically JUST for PvP. Warhammer Online was amazing, but the rest of the game eventually killed it for me. I plan to be the Red Baron of Black Prophecy.
Ellegos
Ellegos
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Enoch Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:35 pm

I have a feeling that BP PVP is going to be similar to Aion's PvP.
Enoch
Enoch
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down