Optimus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where oh where?

+5
Way
LethalLoki
Rooster
Ares
Morgue
9 posters

Go down

Where oh where? Empty Where oh where?

Post by Morgue Thu May 06, 2010 3:55 pm

Depending on where we can put our clan station, where do you think would be the best (strategic) place to place our station at? Would it be in the middle or maybe just outside of an asteroid field for protection, inside a nebula to be 'unseen', or maybe even right next to a resource station to keep other clans/guilds from occupying those paticular stations.

I know it's too soon to tell, just thought it would be a good topic for discussion. Razz
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Black Prophecy Faction : Genides

Back to top Go down

Where oh where? Empty Re: Where oh where?

Post by Ares Thu May 06, 2010 4:42 pm

Well I was thinking a central location that will attract a lot of traders, potentially bringing in a lot of profit.

I wish we knew more about what clan stations will be able to do.
Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

http://www.optimusclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ares Thu May 06, 2010 5:19 pm

I hope it takes some real strategic planning when planting a clan space station. I hope the location matters A LOT - since Optimus will probably be one of the first to get one in the US server. Smile
Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Thu May 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Ares wrote:I hope it takes some real strategic planning when planting a clan space station. I hope the location matters A LOT - since Optimus will probably be one of the first to get one in the US server. Smile

Indeed, especially if we're allowed more than one clan station. I'm thinking maybe 3 at max; however I can see that getting out of hand due to not being able to protect them all at once. As far as sticking it in a central location for trade, that sounds like a good idea if that's actually what they can be used for.
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster Thu May 06, 2010 7:30 pm

Kind of hard to say where would be the best location since we know hardly anything about stations, or what certain environments will give. I am with Ares however, a location that encourages a lot of trade, and activity is what I want to go for. I'd imagine if the game is "star system" based, with certain "coreworlds" and such, I think it would do good to place our station int he middle of them. Just a thought I guess.
Rooster
Rooster
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalLoki Fri May 07, 2010 7:42 am

I agree with the need to encourage trade

but I would say the first or only base needs to be placed in the best strategicely defensive way. While you can have both, you tend to lose one the better the other is. If bases dont end up costing much I would say damn it all to hell and set it up the best you can for trade, while keeping defense in mind. We just dont know anything about the game and its mechanics in any areas to address our ideas like this.
LethalLoki
LethalLoki
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Way Tue May 11, 2010 6:57 pm

Well think about it...place it in the open for easy trade, while it can stll be attacked easily. Or out it in an asteroid field where people will rarely coming across it. Just something to think about. Razz
Way
Way
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ares Tue May 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Yes, but if we place it in a spot to limit trade we will not have a sufficient source of income. (We get the market taxes from people that visit our station)
Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopxis Wed May 12, 2010 12:05 am

Ares wrote:I hope it takes some real strategic planning when planting a clan space station. I hope the location matters A LOT - since Optimus will probably be one of the first to get one in the US server. Smile

I agree, we should find ourselvs a place a location that will be easily accessible to all yet consist a defensive area against invaders. It is hard to say. Once reactor releases a map can we decide.
Synopxis
Synopxis
Optimus Member

http://palawa-online.guildlaunch.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Way Wed May 12, 2010 6:24 am

lol and we don't even know that we can do this, they could just limit the places you can put it, we wont know until Open BETA Sad
Way
Way
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bion Wed May 12, 2010 9:36 am

Yeah this is all academic for now (and mostly speculation) until we get into beta or we learn more details about how stations will work and where they can be placed.
Bion
Bion
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Backslap Wed May 12, 2010 10:34 am

Ares wrote:Yes, but if we place it in a spot to limit trade we will not have a sufficient source of income. (We get the market taxes from people that visit our station)

We could also charge taxes to come in to our airspace that we controll on the way to the station.

But perhaps it is a bit far-fetched, given that we have to keep an eye on our borders all the time and hwo will do that?
Backslap
Backslap
Optimus Member

http://www.pubben.biz/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Way Wed May 12, 2010 12:14 pm

See this is why I think they should release some sort of details on these things

Last edited by Way on Wed May 12, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Way
Way
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bion Wed May 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Most likely they will as beta progresses (they know they need to keep us hooked until launch).
Bion
Bion
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Ares Wed May 12, 2010 4:33 pm

Backslap wrote:
Ares wrote:Yes, but if we place it in a spot to limit trade we will not have a sufficient source of income. (We get the market taxes from people that visit our station)

We could also charge taxes to come in to our airspace that we controll on the way to the station.

But perhaps it is a bit far-fetched, given that we have to keep an eye on our borders all the time and hwo will do that?

Clan stations will only be attackable once a week because of some unreleased info that happens in the game. So we won't have to have guard duty 24/7, just at the time we are vulnerable.

I hope they this time slot is at least somewhat realistic. Even if it's something like the station shield generators are shut down for cleaning or repair.
Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Way Wed May 12, 2010 5:01 pm

But when the "vulnerable time" dose come, im expecting us all to be on Razz
Way
Way
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonbob Wed May 12, 2010 11:11 pm

I think about it this way: ''Your walking on the street to go see your girlfriend. Then suddenly you receive a text message saying: < Your space station is under attack>. Then your like: Oh frak, run home and help the defense.''

Yeah I can still dream on. I think they will put a time range of like three hours each day that your station can be attacked. Also, that time range could be chosen by the clan master to fit where most of the members are online. Would be more human then staying in front of your pc whole day in the wait of an attack.
Demonbob
Demonbob
Chief of Recruiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopxis Thu May 13, 2010 12:40 am

Demonbob wrote:I think about it this way: ''Your walking on the street to go see your girlfriend. Then suddenly you receive a text message saying: < Your space station is under attack>. Then your like: Oh frak, run home and help the defense.''

Yeah I can still dream on. I think they will put a time range of like three hours each day that your station can be attacked. Also, that time range could be chosen by the clan master to fit where most of the members are online. Would be more human then staying in front of your pc whole day in the wait of an attack.

I completely agree with on this but I do not think it will be fair to the other clans. If we are to have clan battles then both clans need to have all their pilots online at the same time. It seems a bit unbalanced but I would to see it implemented so we can have normal lives
Synopxis
Synopxis
Optimus Member

http://palawa-online.guildlaunch.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonbob Thu May 13, 2010 5:12 pm

To go back to the main topic of the thread. If we take for example our earth. All the big cities are near a easy way to the ocean. So if there is that kind of spot in the bp universe where every one need to go through to go somewhere. Also, I didn't read anywhere that clan space stations could be attacked, only resource nodes can be. If I'm correct then the busy highway of space would the best spot to build on. If I'm not then least hope our defense are good.
Demonbob
Demonbob
Chief of Recruiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum