Optimus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameplay info

4 posters

Go down

Gameplay info Empty Gameplay info

Post by Morgue Thu May 06, 2010 5:12 pm

Keep in mind this is totally different from Rooster's post, his are FACT mine are THEORY. Also any times that you see (i.e. 5:27), are explaining where I’ve seen the things I bring up in the video that I’ve linked at the bottom of this page.

I’ve been re-watching the videos and looking at how the different H.U.D. displays react during the trailer game play. What I’ve found so far is if you look on the top left hand side of the screen (this displays the enemies ship status) and right hand side of the screen (player status), that they have made the 'shields' in the game the same as Star Trek online. Basically your shields will be protecting four parts of your shield: the back, front, left, and right sides. The shields will recharge over time, but not all at once. Once the shields are down in that particular part of your ship, the enemy will then be able to cause 'hull damage', which is doing direct damage to your ship. (5:27, look at enemies’ display)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm it also seems that to the right of your shield display (top right hand corner) there are up to five different bars. I can't really read what they say; but they seem to be effected when a ship takes direct damage. If I had to guess they would probably be additional types of attachments that break off/blow up when they take too much damage, or quite possibly the ship's main health in itself. (5:34 look at enemies’ display)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also it seems as if your ship actually gains weight for the amount of stuff you carry, so the more stuff you have in your “depot” the heavier it makes you. Might make things more interesting should freighters be implemented in the game. (1:58, watch as the player drags a weapon over to his inventory, the “0” changes to a “-50”). There is also a point where you can see that the player has two options when targeting a friendly NPC ship/station; these are “scan” and “trade”. (1:36)
Also I am highly confident that there will be solid projectiles (caliber type, missiles, etc) and energy weapons as well. (1:53-1:55 look at the two weapons the player cycles through, one looks like an energy based weapon, while the other looks like a solid projectile weapon/Gatling gun) From what I can tell energy weapons (weapons in blue) have an 'over-heating' feature so as they will not be overly spammed. Solid projectiles (weapons in red/orange, and what I believe to be missiles at the moment.) have a cool down timer, rather than ‘over-heating’. (4:48, watch the blue weapon boxes at the top right hand of the screen, just under the shield and speedometer. A red bar starts moving up, and they soon turn red from “over-heating”.)

As my search continues I believe (and this is more of a theory than a fact from my earlier post.) that aside from the Tyi and Genide, there is going to be two additional races to choose from. One of them being 'Jadd Baron', and another being an alien race known as the “Restorers" as mentioned in one of the bios of the Tyi and Genide. The main reason I even bring this one up is the fact that we only see two dedicated ships towards the Tyi and Genide. Tyi, being the orange bulky one, and the Genide being the blue slender one. However if you pay attention in some of the videos you see another odd looking ship with two green engines. This could be from one of the two other races I mentioned earlier. Though it's quite possible it's just another ship that you get later on in the game, I myself believe it to be another race's ship. (6:37, a different cockpit, and 6:40, the ship itself.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though it's probably not all that special I have found that you WILL be able to add additional ship parts aside from weapons, (this is a huge part of the ship customization feature) to your ship. As I have only found out about the Tyi ships (yes I know stop your booing) there will be 7 ship part slots you can put on your ship, and up to 4 weapon slots. I am sure this will also be the same with the Genide. This may expand to many more slots, it is only what I have found so far (at least up to level 17). Also I believe that these "ship part" will be able to be damaged and perhaps even destroyed. (3:00)

Note: All of which I bring up can be found in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik61--E0EgY.

Last edited by Morgue on Thu May 13, 2010 3:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Black Prophecy Faction : Genides

Back to top Go down

Gameplay info Empty Re: Gameplay info

Post by mujina Thu May 06, 2010 5:19 pm

I was under the impression that Tyi weapons generally shot a red beam and genide blue - might be completely wrong though but that's what it looked like from the videos.
mujina
mujina
Social Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Thu May 06, 2010 5:32 pm

Naw I was saying that the equipped items of the ships had a mix of blue, and some red/orange. Not really the beams themselves.
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Fri May 07, 2010 12:17 am

***Moved to original post.***

Last edited by Morgue on Thu May 13, 2010 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by mujina Fri May 07, 2010 12:38 am

Hey your right there, this is a translation which one of my members did over on my forums to that "leeked gameplay video" that areas linked

This one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDCBXXn85Ck&feature=related

at first he's explaining that there are 2 races.
there will be 2 playable races and 2 unplayable.
unplayable will be the humans and a terrorist organisation

then he's telling what you can change on the character creation.
After this he's saying how interresting it is when you stack more items onto your ship the heavier thus slower it gets.
so you can choose to build a heavy ship as a tank or a fast ship.
Then he says when your done with the character building you can choose if you wannaplay a campaign solo missions or if you wanna play with and vs other players.
the gameplay is dynamic so when you finish mission you get another mission and its never the same (or something like that)
some missions are instances and some arent.
then he's alking about in station what you can do buying stuff etc.

then he's going to look at a pvp mission
both teams have a mothership that will be vulnrable to the enemy team. you need to destroy the enemy's shield generators before you can destroy the motherships (you need to protect your own ship ofcrouse).
there are 2 different weapon types with 2 different stats: particals and energy weapons.
he's wondering if the game will be released in 2010.
He's wondering if the game will bring a fresh wind into the MMO gerne.
mujina
mujina
Social Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Sun May 09, 2010 6:45 pm

Last edited by Morgue on Thu May 13, 2010 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopxis Sun May 09, 2010 8:14 pm

This is a very interesting thread, I will defeinitly be following up on this.
Synopxis
Synopxis
Optimus Member

http://palawa-online.guildlaunch.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Sun May 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Last edited by Morgue on Thu May 13, 2010 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgue
Morgue