Optimus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMO Sanctuary Interview

3 posters

Go down

MMO Sanctuary Interview Empty MMO Sanctuary Interview

Post by Zenton Karvash Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:08 am

http://www.mmosanctuary.com/black-prophecy/black-prophecy-exclusive-interview-with-assistant-product-manager

Few points of note;
  • "A. Except from changing the game concept from a single player to a MMO, there were no major changes to the game and technical design. When gamigo came on board as the publisher, we brought in several own ideas, e.g. a crafting system, to enrich the gameplay. However, the dev team also always strives to utilize the latest technology and methods within the development process. "

Interview states that the crafting system idea came from Gamigo so seems they do have a hand in development of the game after all, If I remember correctly KK fed us a line kinda like "Since we paid for all of the development we're the ones in charge of how things work in the game" or something similar.

• "A. Each clan will receive its basic space station upon creation. Yet it is to be determined if you have to make a special mission or perform a similar action to obtain the station."

So looks like we'll have a station at the start of our clan, we may have to go crack some NPC's for it but w/e. Smile

• "Also your skills do not have any kind of influence on your ships performance as they simply determine if you can use an item or not."

EG. Skills will indirectly impact your ships performance

Anyway that's about all I found of worth in it interview moisy on over and read it for yourself if ya like Razz

Last edited by Zenton Karvash on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Black Prophecy Faction : Genides

Back to top Go down

MMO Sanctuary Interview Empty Re: MMO Sanctuary Interview

Post by Rooster Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:41 am

I am dissapoint.
Rooster
Rooster
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Q. Reakktor and gamigo are located in Germany. Do you plan to have European servers only, or will there be other locales (such as North America)? If you do plan on multiple server locations, where might those be?
A. gamigo owns the global publishing rights so there are indeed plans to also offer regional servers, such as in North America, Asia etc. but those plans are not yet fixed in stone.

I don't like that.

Thanks for finding this though Tech, while i'm not to impressed with an interview on what we already know, I am pleased that the information is getting to us alot faster than it was in the past. Atleast they're keeping us updated. I'm also not to thrilled about the "beautify your ship" comment, sounds like a waste of money to me. As long as they have some kind of paint / color tool for your ship, and possibly an emblem logo kinda like what Aion had (where you can upload your emblem, whatever it may be, to your guild) i'll be a happy camper and doubt i'd be running out to purchase a $20 Hello Kitty design layout for my ship.
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenton Karvash Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:13 pm

.... I'd SO buy a $20 hello kitty layout bounce

As for regional servers, I'm sure there will be a NA server at least some of the other smaller areas are the only ones that may have to suffer. Ahh Aion... I had a rep in that game on my server for the first 2 weeks the game was released then I quit playing because it was an epic waste of time. Was known as "The RP Guy" on my server, and in the top in PvP and Abyss points , rp-carebear I don't know the term.

Game had potential too bad they didn't take the time to capitalize on it =\
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum