Optimus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E3 gameplay video we over-looked...

5 posters

Go down

E3 gameplay video we over-looked... Empty E3 gameplay video we over-looked...

Post by Ares Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0gzDCPL7qw&feature=related

Enjoy. Smile

Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

Black Prophecy Faction : Genides

http://www.optimusclan.com

Back to top Go down

E3 gameplay video we over-looked... Empty Re: E3 gameplay video we over-looked...

Post by Morgue Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:55 pm

I <3 you Ares ^_^

Good eye man. Thanks for the vid!

Alpha Prada huh....hmmm

@Omen: In response to your question in the chatbox earlier; referring to if we could max out our skill points when we reach level cap, if you look at the video at 5:50 it shows the skills. He seems to have 10 points in each skill, and taking a guess as to the length of the bar, and the length that the 10 points cover, i'm going to guess that each skill is maxed out at 40-50. In the video it LOOKS like he is level 10... and since there are only 9 areas to put your skills into i'm assuming that you get 9-10 skill points per level. That being said I do not believe the level cap is 100 for this reason:

Level 10 = 90 points
Level 20 = 180 points
Level 30 = 270
Level 40 = 360
Level 50 = 450 At this level you would have already been able to max out all your trees.
Level 60 = 540
Level 70 = 630
Level 80 = 720
Level 90 = 810
Level 100 = 900 At this level you would have had already maxed out all your trees twice.

With that i'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that the level cap for now is going to be 50. That being the opinion, I would have to say that 'yes' you will be able to max out all of your trees. This is a game based on about a good 90% of the skill of the player, rather than the skill of your points. So I would say that this makes sense. I believe later on they might add a new 'skill' and possibly up the level cap to 55 due to how the point system seems to work. Though... this is all just theory, and my math is lacking so anyone feel free to check it for errors for a possible change in the way the game might come out ^_^.

Edit: it seems he actually says the level cap is 50 in the video... lol I wasn't really listening as I was just browsing through it for things I hadn't seen before... thanks for pointing that out ZK, much appreciated. Zenton also mentioned the possibility of your skill points declining as your get higher in levels, causing you to specialize more with each level up. So to further edit my post, with the previous stated in mind... I have to go back to saying "We just don't know".

Now if you'll excuse me i'm off to hang myself on the nearest skill tree....

Futher Edit: I had ZK confirm the length of the skill trees, and we now know that each of them is maxed out at 40. This means the higher you get in levels your skill points WILL decrease, though that still does not confirm whether or not you would be able to reach max level in all your trees. We'll keep digging though.
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

E3 gameplay video we over-looked... Empty Re: E3 gameplay video we over-looked...

Post by Zenton Karvash Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:35 pm

Good find Ares, Very Happy

been dissecting as morgue has, the skill system we're still unsure about >< this shed some light and the math currently points to declining amounts of SP/Level as you progress.

Will keep looking and post anything new I find trying to find a source of reference that I can actually read that shows a higher leveled character's skill sheet to confirm no luck yet.

EDIT: Ok found something else of note on a german video, shows us that people CANT just jump away while we are fighting them, Video 7:19 The rest of the video is rather uneventful.
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:50 pm

Zenton, I believe this is what you're looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1_VsXiI_fk

At around 1:00, you can see his level but it's little too blurry. Turning the video to 480p will allow you to just barely make out he's level 30. Jump around to 1:10, and you can judge from the bars and the numbers how many points there are in each tree. It goes:

Edit: It could be level 20 or 30 right now, it seems that it does decline like Zenton said.

Last edited by Jester on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Jester
Jester
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenton Karvash Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:01 am

In the first movie Ares linked a level 10 character (level clearly seen several times) has 90 points assigned so I believe that with your link there we've proven that the skill points per level do in fact decline per level thanks Jester. I'm starting to think that perhaps we wont be able to max it all out if your only at 154 at 30, gives you 20 more levels to fill out a total of 206 more skill points. >.< guess we'll need to pre-plan our characters a bit.

Thanks jester for helping me somewhat prove unless BP is made on a completely arbitrary system that sp/level will decline as we advance.
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Omen Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:54 pm

Thanks for the Breakdown Morgue and ZK. I have basically posted the same question in the "black prophecy skill tree" thread that Ares started, not even 5 minutes before reading this thread.

I hadn't even thought about declining Skill points. Well I'll keep my fingers crossed that we will eventually be able to max out all skills.
Omen
Omen
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down