Optimus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Controller

5 posters

Go down

Xbox 360 Controller Empty Xbox 360 Controller

Post by Ariadne Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:38 am

I use my mousepad on my laptop to use the mouse which... for gaming SUCKS and my laptop is so massive atm that the keyboard/screen and the whole thing in general makes having a mouse attatched severely uncomfortable after a year or so without having one. That being said I was curious as to whether the Xbox 360 controller will be mapped by the people who make the game so that when you plug it in and log on to play you can use it to move the mouse, fly, fire, do everything possible with the mouse? Or will the community have to figure out a way to map that and if so much will be lost? I was thinking I could get that little keyboard that you can attach to the xbox controller so i could type and everything right off of that one control.

Last edited by GATEGOD on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Ariadne
Ariadne
Optimus Member

Black Prophecy Faction : Genides

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 Controller Empty Re: Xbox 360 Controller

Post by Zenton Karvash Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:40 am

Thats one of those we don't know questions, There is the poll up on the BP site that asks what control method you will be using and it does include game pad. But that's just pure speculation on my part.

For myself <3 my mouse.
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:20 pm

Trust me GG, i'm cross'n my fingers for the 360 gamepad as well.

Ask Zenton, he'll tell you how much I QQ about wanting one Razz
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenton Karvash Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:59 pm

Confirming, He QQ's about a lot of things but this is one of the more annoying ones, his voice gets all squeaky like a small child then the tears start to well up in his eyes.

Its bad.
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ares Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm sure we will have to map it out ourselves, but it shouldn't be too hard as those controllers usually come with a software that allows you to assign controls to keys pretty easily.

Though, I doubt anyone using an Xbox controller will perform nearly as good as a keyboard and mouse user...
Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

http://www.optimusclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariadne Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:20 am

Ares wrote:I'm sure we will have to map it out ourselves, but it shouldn't be too hard as those controllers usually come with a software that allows you to assign controls to keys pretty easily.

Though, I doubt anyone using an Xbox controller will perform nearly as good as a keyboard and mouse user...

The way the game looks it seems like you'll be moving the mouse to move the way your camera/ship goes? If that is the case then one hand will always be on the mouse and not having used a mouse in over a year (laptop pad thing) it would mean having all the controls on my left side instead of on the num pad keys like i used to have.

Right now my fingers would reach wasd qef (space) (shift) and maybe r. So I might be able to get used to it. I was just thinking for a space flight game moving with the controller in my hand and having one stick for moving, the other for camera/mouse four firing buttons/target button and then the 4 round buttons on the controller itself with the two littler other buttons in the middle you can map would work well.

Here's how I'd map one without knowing any of the controls they currently have

Xbox 360 Controller XBoxController
Ariadne
Ariadne
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:08 am

Looks good GG (i'm still going to call you GG, hate me if you wish Razz), but just out of the speed of the game I think i'd keep my primary fire weapons on right trigger, and missles on the left trigger. Then specials for me would be on the right bumper.

Everything else looks great. If you haven't already i'd post that up on the BP forums. Might give them an idea or two.
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariadne Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:13 am

Morgue wrote:Looks good GG (i'm still going to call you GG, hate me if you wish Razz), but just out of the speed of the game I think i'd keep my primary fire weapons on right trigger, and missles on the left trigger. Then specials for me would be on the right bumper.

Everything else looks great. If you haven't already i'd post that up on the BP forums. Might give them an idea or two.

Yea it might have to work like that but if they do let you target enemy ships then I'd remap mine to keep the target on the left trigger for ease of use. If they don't then I think secondary firing would work there yea =)
Ariadne
Ariadne
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:24 pm

It seems that BP will support gamepads and stuff. If you got the home page of BP, at the bottom right there's a poll asking us what input device we're gonna be using.

So don't stress, you'll most likely be able to use your Xbox controller (even though PS3 is the superior one Wink
Jester
Jester
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenton Karvash Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Oh lord jester, you just opened a can of worms, XBOX or PS /emo rage rant about which is better.

Meh I've used both and a mouse -- MOUSE is superior to your hand held devices. Just wanted to be sure mouse was in the rage rant,

- Ok now let the rage rants continue.
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:35 pm

Well while I agree the mouse is pretty accurate on most games, the reason I don't like it for shooter games is for one reason... those .00000000000000000001 of an inch movements. Atleast for me personally, when I want to shoot someone and I only need to move a bit more to the (insert direction here) I can't move it that extra tiny little bit, it either doesn't move at all or it goes past the point of shooting my target. For a game like this a mouse might be better JUST because you're going to constantly be moving, there will be no "Ok... i'm allllllll most there... just... a... little... bit" shots, because let's face it... there will be no sniping with the 'sniper gun'.

*coughrailguncough*

As far as the 360 gamepad goes, I just prefer having the controller in my hands. I have pretty big hands, and haven't found a mouse that has catered to those needs. i even have a bit of a problem with the dual shock game pads (basically the ps2 controller Razz). So the 360 gamepad is going to be the choice for me. But this is one of those "To each their own" topics ^_^.
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Ares Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:57 pm

You know, most the PS3 and Xbox shooters have a aim-guide. Whenever you look down your sight at an enemy it will automatically line your gun up to that enemy. Smile
Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Ares wrote:You know, most the PS3 and Xbox shooters have a aim-guide. Whenever you look down your sight at an enemy it will automatically line your gun up to that enemy. Smile

That's why when a sniper turns a corner and kills me while I have a UMP45 and a SPAS in one shot, I say MW2 is not real Sad
Jester
Jester
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Ares wrote:You know, most the PS3 and Xbox shooters have a aim-guide. Whenever you look down your sight at an enemy it will automatically line your gun up to that enemy. Smile

Yeah I know, but I try without that on cause it makes me feel like a noob Sad.
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Ares Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Heh, whenever I get into a "what's the more accurate controller" discussion, all I do is mention that the console controllers have a aim-assist and my opponent shuts up. Smile
Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Ares wrote:Heh, whenever I get into a "what's the more accurate controller" discussion, all I do is mention that the console controllers have a aim-assist and my opponent shuts up. Smile

Well I mean it isn't nearly half as bad as people make it out to be. I mean it's not like it auto locks on your target's head and you get 100% headshots with 100% accuracy.
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenton Karvash Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:53 pm

Doesn't matter when the guns a 1 hit 1 kill don't need a head shot and that is what most use 1hit 1 kill guns >.>
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariadne Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:24 am

Controller feels better to me. Probably wont be able to use it anyway if they don't help us in some way.
Ariadne
Ariadne
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenton Karvash Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:06 am

As a mouse user I'd be really pissed if they have controller users auto aim, but if they want to give me auto aim with my mouse... I'm all for it lol... Its going to be ugly
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariadne Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 am

They show the controls!!!!!

Someone blow this up and make it clearer! On the left they have all the controls listed!

Xbox 360 Controller IMG_4953

http://blackprophecy.com/fileadmin/misc/screenshots/IMG_4953.JPG
Ariadne
Ariadne
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenton Karvash Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:59 am

I'll see if I can't discern some of the controls on that list. Not sure how much I'll beable to get if any.
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenton Karvash Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Left Side
w - forward
a - strafe left
d - strafe right
s - (backward)
(q) - Roll Left
(e) - Roll Right
- set (something) up
- set (same somthing) down
(Tab) - Activate HUD mode
- Change (something)
- Next Target
- Previous Target
M - Starmap
- (Toggle? target list)

Right Side
- Character Information
- Mission Log
- (scan)
- (something something)
- Loot
- Trade
- Contact
- (Dock)
- Select Weapon 1-4
- Turn on (something something)

()'s are best guess.

Yea as I expected there isn't enough left of the actual keys to really get a good map did manage to get most of the controls on the page.
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum