Optimus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KK Release's info about the crafting system,

+4
Volean
Techman
Backslap
Zenton Karvash
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

KK Release's info about the crafting system, Empty KK Release's info about the crafting system,

Post by Zenton Karvash Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:19 am

http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2639

Isn't a long article but it does tell us something, I'm far to tired to understand it or even focus on the text, but it seems at least we'll have something to give us a reason to PvE now even if it is just to build a stock pile of gas metal and erm plasma yea, oh yes and blue prints.

Anyway - Enjoy. oh oh oh and +1 post count Razz
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Black Prophecy Faction : Genides

Back to top Go down

KK Release's info about the crafting system, Empty Re: KK Release's info about the crafting system,

Post by Backslap Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:43 am

Thx Zenton good work digging this up
Backslap
Backslap
Optimus Member

http://www.pubben.biz/news.php

Back to top Go down

KK Release's info about the crafting system, Empty Re: KK Release's info about the crafting system,

Post by Techman Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:27 am

nice one zenton gonna check it out now.
Techman
Techman
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Volean Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Sweet Very Happy hmmm salvaging blueprints from old ship wrecks he says... i like this Razz
Volean
Volean
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Right on Zenny (not to be confused with the currency on DBZ). I'm sure Rooster will end up giving a wall-o-text about it later or something. Though there's not much to wall-o-text about. Though it's something, and that's good, better than nothing I'spose.
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Techman Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm hoping they would tell us more of the clan stuff and what we can do as a clan.
Techman
Techman
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Techman wrote:I'm hoping they would tell us more of the clan stuff and what we can do as a clan.

In time...in time...
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Techman Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:44 pm

If only there was more time.

*Stares at the clock with no emotion*
Techman
Techman
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenton Karvash Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Well the news seems to be flowing a bit faster now a days or at least its showing signs of it. Hopefully before too much longer we'll have our explanation of clan systems how the battles for resource stations are going to work etc.
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:15 am

Morgue wrote:Right on Zenny (not to be confused with the currency on DBZ). I'm sure Rooster will end up giving a wall-o-text about it later or something. Though there's not much to wall-o-text about. Though it's something, and that's good, better than nothing I'spose.

Yes, I'll be ripping it apart when I have some time. Past few days have been keeping me busy. Shocked
Rooster
Rooster
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenton Karvash Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:17 am

I know I've missed our long walks on the beach and you telling me how special I.... wait er that's not supposed to be public knowledge Never mind ignore me. In all seriousness you need to be on Steam at least so theirs at least 1 person logged into it I feel like such a loser with no friends on steam Sad
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ares Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:31 pm

For all of you wondering what a clan station will actually be used for, I think this will be one of the many benefits of owning one. Very Happy

Clan station benefits...

Mission generator
Offline housing (So you don't go splody in your sleep)
Market hub
Resource storage
Ship modification access
Access to the crafting system
Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

http://www.optimusclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenton Karvash Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:33 am

Ares wrote:
Offline housing (So you don't go splody in your sleep)

But I like loggin in to find myself in a bubble, and 100 guys waiting to kill me... wait... wrong game nevermind. And I'd say your probably right about that Ares. Might have some ship mod storage for the clan as well etc, which would be nice give me something to do in the wee hours when no one is on I can craft the clan things so other people don't have to work as hard.
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:55 pm

[qoute="Zenton Karvash"]But I like loggin in to find myself in a bubble, and 100 guys waiting to kill me... wait... wrong game nevermind. And I'd say your probably right about that Ares. Might have some ship mod storage for the clan as well etc, which would be nice give me something to do in the wee hours when no one is on I can craft the clan things so other people don't have to work as hard.[/quote]

You never said you wanted something to do, if that's the case you can clean my ship, set out my clothes on those long space voyages, prepare my meals (can't cook in a space fighter you know), and make sure my ship is fueled and ready to go at all times. Aside from crafting things of course >_>
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenton Karvash Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:27 am

Well I think I better just stick to crafting space ship mods, those other things seem a little out of my pay grade Wink
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:45 pm

Wait.... so you can't modify your ship or craft any of these cool stuff without being in a clan?

What if people wanna be freelancers and totally be cool and kill other people without obeying the rules of a clan? I guess they won't get far or get strong without a clan. It seems to be pretty realistic that clans and big organizations would have access to better weapons and things but..... hmmm...... need to see more.... :O
Jester
Jester
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenton Karvash Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:53 pm

Nah you can, just hoping we can store things for the clan say old mods or mods that you craft you don't need. So they the newer pilots we incorporate down the road don't have to take so long to be able to proactively slaughter Tyi with the clan.
Zenton Karvash
Zenton Karvash
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ares Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:16 am

Jester wrote:Wait.... so you can't modify your ship or craft any of these cool stuff without being in a clan?

What if people wanna be freelancers and totally be cool and kill other people without obeying the rules of a clan? I guess they won't get far or get strong without a clan. It seems to be pretty realistic that clans and big organizations would have access to better weapons and things but..... hmmm...... need to see more.... :O

I was referring - well, assuming really - that the crafting system would be available while docked in any station to any player, not just the clan that owns the station. Hopefully this will attract a lot of activity to certain stations, maybe, with different levels of crafting. The bigger the station, the more crafting options available.
Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:19 am

Zenton Karvash wrote:Nah you can, just hoping we can store things for the clan say old mods or mods that you craft you don't need. So they the newer pilots we incorporate down the road don't have to take so long to be able to proactively slaughter Tyi with the clan.

Seems like you're talking about a warehouse or bank of some kind, but for the whole clan. There will most likely have this like in a bunch of other MMOs.

Ares wrote:
Jester wrote:Wait.... so you can't modify your ship or craft any of these cool stuff without being in a clan?

I was referring - well, assuming really - that the crafting system would be available while docked in any station to any player, not just the clan that owns the station. Hopefully this will attract a lot of activity to certain stations, maybe, with different levels of crafting. The bigger the station, the more crafting options available.

Hmmm... this idea would seem pretty cool to have resource stations as a public market to people. The clans could possibly be able to put a tax on the crafting of mods and earn money from that. With that money (resources), they can expand the crafting stations to be able to make either better engines, weapons, rockets, shield generators, hulls, etc. This way, some resource stations would be better for the crafting purposes of some players and they would spend their money there which in turn gives money to the clan via tax.

It would cause clans that hold resource stations to battle economically, fighting for the purchasing power of players. But I am only wishing of these features. Very Happy
Jester
Jester
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:19 pm

@Jester:

Yes unfortunatly I doubt that's going to happen just because of the sole purpose of resource stations only being avaliable if a person / clan gets to them first. Though there MIGHT be a small chance of the clan station itself being able to let other ships(people outside of the clan) dock with them. This might bring in everyone's idea about the taxing thing (as it's been discussed before). But that's not to say that it wouldn't bring in some flaws...

Say a Tyi ship decides to dock with your station, and maybe a few of his buddies come in to dock as well a few mins later, then a few more... it just screams "Please destroy our space station, oh god why do we have to have one? You should just blow it up NAO!" Because once they all depart they could just swing around and pew pew the bejesus out of it, and i'm sure it's defenses would only go so far ya know? Because our clan members won't be hanging around there forever, so it might take awhile to get back to it to save it. That is of course, assuming that Tyi would even be able to get near it in the first place, same idea might only imply to people of the same faction -shrugs-

Another reason I don't think it might happen at all is because of the instant travel thing they've been talking about. Basically where you click a point that you've been to on your map, providing there is some sort of structure there (space station, resource station, ship graveyard, etc) and you get smacked with a loading screen and then there you are. Cause if you think about it, why would someone want to pay an extra 15% in taxes to craft something when they can just go back to their station and do it for free? If they didn't have the whole 'instant travel' (which I personally dislike by the way) I would think it would be quite applicable. I would actually look forward to seeing something like that.

I think we've even discussed something about there being an Auction House type system aboard each Clan Station so that everyone can sell their stuff to an outside source and make some extra money. In that perspective people come to your station, buy your goods, and while they're there might even craft a few items (this is where the tax theory would come in) and your station winds up rolling in phat dough for about a week ^_^. It's definitely a nice concept to think about, and I think it would keep the economy stable.
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Morgue wrote:@Jester:

Yes unfortunatly I doubt that's going to happen just because of the sole purpose of resource stations only being avaliable if a person / clan gets to them first. Though there MIGHT be a small chance of the clan station itself being able to let other ships(people outside of the clan) dock with them. This might bring in everyone's idea about the taxing thing (as it's been discussed before). But that's not to say that it wouldn't bring in some flaws...

Say a Tyi ship decides to dock with your station, and maybe a few of his buddies come in to dock as well a few mins later, then a few more... it just screams "Please destroy our space station, oh god why do we have to have one? You should just blow it up NAO!" Because once they all depart they could just swing around and pew pew the bejesus out of it, and i'm sure it's defenses would only go so far ya know? Because our clan members won't be hanging around there forever, so it might take awhile to get back to it to save it. That is of course, assuming that Tyi would even be able to get near it in the first place, same idea might only imply to people of the same faction -shrugs-

Another reason I don't think it might happen at all is because of the instant travel thing they've been talking about. Basically where you click a point that you've been to on your map, providing there is some sort of structure there (space station, resource station, ship graveyard, etc) and you get smacked with a loading screen and then there you are. Cause if you think about it, why would someone want to pay an extra 15% in taxes to craft something when they can just go back to their station and do it for free? If they didn't have the whole 'instant travel' (which I personally dislike by the way) I would think it would be quite applicable. I would actually look forward to seeing something like that.

I think we've even discussed something about there being an Auction House type system aboard each Clan Station so that everyone can sell their stuff to an outside source and make some extra money. In that perspective people come to your station, buy your goods, and while they're there might even craft a few items (this is where the tax theory would come in) and your station winds up rolling in phat dough for about a week ^_^. It's definitely a nice concept to think about, and I think it would keep the economy stable.

Do we know how the fight for control of the resource stations works? If the resource station is always vulnerable to attacks, situations where enemy pilots (genide or tyi) docking into your station would be dangerous since, like you said, clan member aren't always going to be there. But if there is instant travelling and no early warning system, an entire clan could arrive at your doorstep with a snap of the finger.

Likewise, I also feel this instant travelling takes away some of the fun in the game. For example, maybe resource stations can be modified with radar systems that can tell if people are jumping to your location, how many, and hostile or not (sort of like Sins of a Solar Empire if anyones played that). Without instant travelling, the hostile forces might take 10-15 minutes to get to your station. In that time maybe they can chat, review plans, get into squads etc. This would enable the defending clan to get ready and call on any allies to help.

As for the taxes and all that, I wished it happened but like you said, it most likely won't. I believe they already expressed that BP won't be like EvE which I think was a lot more economy focused. It'll go for the more fast-paced action shooting down enemy ships and i totally dig that Very Happy

BTW, sorry if the tax idea has been mentioned before.
Jester
Jester
Optimus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgue Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:00 pm

As far as we know the resource stations, after they're captured, will remain so for 'X' (possibly a king of the hill type scenario) amount of time before they dissapear and move on to another location within the sector. As far as the ideas go on the Clan Stations, we're still not too sure about what's going to be avaliable to them or not. What we DO know is that they will modular, meaning we can add to them as much as we like (given how much money, mod slots, and other material we might need that we might have), so radar could possibly be one of the things you'll be able to add. Perhaps a little notification when you're out doing some missions or pvp.

I don't like the instant travel either, but again we still don't have any confirmation on that, so they might be changing it. They did mention 'warp drives' in one of their info feeds (I believe it was the crafting one), so there might be a possibility that 'warping' might decrease the downtime of travel by actually boosting your ships speed by like 1000% and you'd still have to travel to a paticular location instead of just having a loading screen (which is what I would prefer, besides, I hate loading screens)

No need to apologize, ideas are always a valuable asset to any clan / guild. Though now that i've thought about it, I don't believe the whole instant travel thing has been properly discussed on the BP forums. I don't think anyone's taken into account (except during our last few posts) the fact that IF we DO have instant travel to and from our stations how one sided pvp would probably because. Because As I mentioned before (and you too Jester) the fact that a whole clan can just insta-travel back to thier station when it's being attacked is a bit unfair. I say this because if you leave your station unguarded... well that's how it would be in real life, it'd probably get raped. Though the stations WILL be able to have weapons, i'm sure it's only a matter of time before it falls.

Idk, there's also the theory of there actually always being someone at the station later on into the game (basically end game content). Depending on how successful Optimus is in-game, we'd have alot of resourses to 'craft' with / from and i'm sure there will always be a few night owls (including myself) that might stay on and craft for the guild. So they would be there to defend it to a certain extent as well. Though again that also brings up yet another problem... what happens when no one is on? What happens when a single Tyi ship just happens to run across our station? What happens when to reports back to his base and rallies 40 of his clan mates to nuke it while we're all off in dreamland? Depending on how powerful Clan Stations are they might be able to hold off maybe... MAYBE 10-15, but 40? I don't think so.

I honestly don't think the devs have thought about this since they've brought up the instant travel thing / clan stations. There's alot that can still be discussed on the BP forums. It's if any of it gets taken into consideration that really matters.
Morgue
Morgue
Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Backslap Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:41 am

@Morgue@
Idk, there's also the theory of there actually always being someone at the station later on into the game (basically end game content). Depending on how successful Optimus is in-game, we'd have alot of resourses to 'craft' with / from and i'm sure there will always be a few night owls (including myself) that might stay on and craft for the guild. So they would be there to defend it to a certain extent as well. Though again that also brings up yet another problem... what happens when no one is on? What happens when a single Tyi ship just happens to run across our station? What happens when to reports back to his base and rallies 40 of his clan mates to nuke it while we're all off in dreamland? Depending on how powerful Clan Stations are they might be able to hold off maybe... MAYBE 10-15, but 40? I don't think so.@

Thats why its so great to have some ppl from sweden and the UK in a US based clan, we are guarding when u are sleeping. Time difference is perfect for just that purpose , the problem is that we are to few EU players to make a difference at the moment.

Maybe we should recruit some more ppl from the EU for just that purpose, idk its just an idea.
Backslap
Backslap
Optimus Member

http://www.pubben.biz/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:12 am

Backslap wrote:@Morgue@
Idk, there's also the theory of there actually always being someone at the station later on into the game (basically end game content). Depending on how successful Optimus is in-game, we'd have alot of resourses to 'craft' with / from and i'm sure there will always be a few night owls (including myself) that might stay on and craft for the guild. So they would be there to defend it to a certain extent as well. Though again that also brings up yet another problem... what happens when no one is on? What happens when a single Tyi ship just happens to run across our station? What happens when to reports back to his base and rallies 40 of his clan mates to nuke it while we're all off in dreamland? Depending on how powerful Clan Stations are they might be able to hold off maybe... MAYBE 10-15, but 40? I don't think so.@

Thats why its so great to have some ppl from sweden and the UK in a US based clan, we are guarding when u are sleeping. Time difference is perfect for just that purpose , the problem is that we are to few EU players to make a difference at the moment.

Maybe we should recruit some more ppl from the EU for just that purpose, idk its just an idea.

We would if we knew EU players could play US servers. I am sure they can, but the other problem was the lag. But I do see your point, and I agree.
Rooster
Rooster
Forum Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ares Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:21 pm

We have to remember, clan and resource stations will only be attackable once a week do to some unannounced event in the game... so we will only need to really be on guard once a week.
Ares
Ares
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next